Friday, March 27, 2009

LiveCycle Error Code Dictionary Online

Have you ever worked with Adobe LiveCycle ES and got error codes like the following?

ALC-DSC-031-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.net.DSCNamingException: Remote EJBObject lookup failed for ejb/Invocation provider at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.ejb.EjbMessageDispatcher.initialise(EjbMessageDispatcher.java:97) at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.ejb.EjbMessageDispatcher.doSend(EjbMessageDispatcher.java:130)
... 10 more

If so, you know the frustration of not having anywhere to look it up. Well - that has now changed. Next time you get one of these cryptic messages, jump on over to


http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/8.2/errorCodeReference.pdf

Note that not all error codes are on this but it is a great start! Happy debugging.

3 comments:

  1. The Green Dictionary Is The Premier Dictionary That Defines The Many Concepts And Terms Of The Green Recovery/economy/movement. It Is The Must Have Dictionary Of The Year. Just In Time For Earth Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only reason I came to this post was it because it mentioned the error I was looking for. Little did I know you were just citing it as an example only and not any resolution. The error dictionary doesnt have it either. So thanks for tricking google into showing your page up when it doesnt do much really !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't trick Google into making this come up first(in my area it comes up 4th). Wasn't even aware it did. Nevertheless, when I wrote this post I was still working at Adobe and had that error. I got really pissed later when I looked in the dictionary they just published and that specific code was not in the error code listings. DId you find it? It took me a long time to figure that one out.

    Let me know if you need help or ping it to the Google Adobe LiveCycle Developers list. ALC-DSC-031-000 is usually caused by port misconfiguration but can also be caused by using different SDK's from the version of LC you are on.

    Let me know.

    Duane

    ReplyDelete

Do not spam this blog! Google and Yahoo DO NOT follow comment links for SEO. If you post an unrelated link advertising a company or service, you will be reported immediately for spam and your link deleted within 30 minutes. If you want to sponsor a post, please let us know by reaching out to duane dot nickull at gmail dot com.